Establish Your Career with CoCo & Company!
CoCo & Company stylists are led by Master Stylist Antonio Cejudo. Antonio is a lifelong stylist but started his formal education at Gene Juarez Academy and later trained at Vidal Sassoon in Santa Monica perfecting precision cutting. After that, he attended the Goldwell Global Academy of Hair Color in New York and continues his education with Goldwell in their Salon Specialist program and Goldwell Master Colorist program. Additionally, Antonio has been contracted for hair and makeup for Seattle Bride Magazine, a WildTanget game commercial and regularly styles hair and makeup for weddings, photo shoots, and website promotions. In summer of 2014, Antonio was invited to be a RAW Featured Artist in the Seattle Showcase and led the stylist team for RAW’s runway show. In September of 2014 Antonio flew to France and participated in Paris Fashion Week styling for the Coco Chanel show, Christian Dior show and Alexander McQueen show among others. In February of 2016 Antonio was invited to return to France to attend shows and events for the Paris Fashion Week bringing back inspiration and education to share with the team.
Antonio is the Creative Director of CoCo & Company and is responsible for his stylist’s training and education. While training with him, the two of you will regularly hold “mini-training sessions” throughout the day, walking through Antonio’s color theory and thought processes. You’ll learn not just from Antonio but from other great educators as well. Antonio regularly takes stylists to continuing educations classes which are instrumental in propelling stylists to the next level. Past classes have included an Advanced Curly Highlighting class by DevaCurl and a Color Formulation class taught by Goldwell Master Colorist Derreck Zeno, Vedal Sassoon Precision Cutting by Mark Hayes.
Why CoCo & Company Hair Salon?
CoCo & Company’s independent contractors operate with a high standard of excellence. A CoCo stylist performs precision cuts and colors, while operating in a professional manner focusing on customer service. If that sounds like an environment where you’d like to work, we’d love to have you on our team of independent stylists. You’ll train under Antonio perfecting cutting and coloring techniques. Simultaneously, Nathan will be working with you to build your career behind the scenes. Director of Operations Nathan runs everything “not hair” in the salon such as marketing, finances, promotions and is a customer service guru. Nathan will be honing your skills necessary to be successful off the cutting floor.
There’s a lot to being a stylist beyond cutting and coloring and Nathan is an expert business manager. With over a decade of business management experience, he’ll help build your career with everything behind the scenes. Stylists at CoCo & Company are fully-booked anywhere from 2-16 weeks out – there is high-demand for our quality services and new clients are coming in every day! With that kind of volume, you should be ready to take on a full-time career as a stylist and start to think entrepreneurially or as if your chair is your own personal business – it is!
Current Open Position Information: Independent Contractor (Experienced Stylist)
- Basic Requirements:
- – Washington State Cosmetology License
- – Washington State Business License (not required for employees)
- – City of Seattle Business License (not required for employees)
- – Career-focused with dedication to customer service
- – Desire to be constantly learning & perfecting your skills
- – Upbeat, friendly and positive personality
- – Stylish and fashion forward
- Position Facts:
- – Independent Contractor (OK to start as employee and transition to contractor)
- – Earn 10% rent credit on products sold
- – Frequent in-salon and continuing education classes
- – Backbar styling aids, shampoo and conditioner included
- – Professional business cards, online profile and marketing materials
- – Orbital dryers, capes, color & cutting towels w/ laundry service
- – Water, sewer, garbage & electrical service included
- – The salon does not perform any perming or chemical relaxing services (Yay!)
- – Color line: Goldwell | Product Lines: Kevin.Murphy, DevaCurl, Keratin Complex
- – Your own voicemail and email box
- – Dedicated phone number and virtual phone application compatible with both iPhones and Androids. Make calls without giving clients your personal number and without buying a second phone and service (You can even port your old number!)
- – Use of kiosk computer to take notes and record formulas
- – Use one of the salon iPads for consultations and rebooking
- – Free use of salon WiFi with high-speed Internet access
- – Break room with microwave and fridge